You are here
The Valdres Festival is:
• An intimate and intense music experience at a high international level, with around 40 concerts in the festival period.
• A meeting place where you experience the stars of tomorrow in conjunction with today's stars, as well as an arena where the youngest will present themselves to an audience.
• A festival where all of today's newly established practitioners have started their careers. These include Vilde, Alexander Rybak, Catharina Chen, Ragnhild and Eldbjørg Hemsing, Tine Thing Helseth, Guro Kleven Hagen and Eivind Holtsmark Ringstad.
• Norwegian Youth Symphony Orchestra`s home - a symphonic orchestra for students from all talent programs throughout Norway .
• An umbrella and meeting place for players in the Norwegian music scene.
• Europe's largest and main festival and course provider for talents in the classical music tradition.
• An important measure for recruitment to higher music education in Norway.
• Playing for a future - a helper for music students from developing countries, read more about this on our website.
The Valdres Festival is owned and operated by Nord-Aurdal municipality, has its office in the town hall at Fagernes.
Artistic director for the festival is Alf Richard Kraggerud.