You are here
Finnmark International Literary Festival is organised by Finnmark county librabry and is the only literary festival in Finnmark. The festival will, through a wide and varied program, promote literary interest and joy of reading for children, adolescents and adults. Finnmark International Literary Festival is a meeting place for various literary societies, be it authors, literature professionals and other interested parties. Fiction and non-fictions writers from Norway, Scandinavia and Russia joins international writers, and Sami, Kven, Finnish and Russian literature will have its natural place in the program. The festival was first held in Alta in 2010 and will be held every two years respectively Kirkenes and Alta.
The festival has the following objectives :
- Creating a meeting place for writers, literature professionals and literature lovers in Finnmark.
- Presenting Norwegian, Nordic and world literature.
- Presenting Kven, Sami and Russian literature.
- Have a wide and varied program for children and adults.
- Promote literature interest and reading for pleasure.